Thursday, April 26, 2012

K.I.S.S.

After driving D and Helene crazy for a few days, trying to figure out my fabric choices for the wardrobe, I've decided I'm making this too complicated again (big surprise yes? LOL).  So I'll be focusing on just 5 major pieces for IRCC2, plus whatever bibs and bobs of accessories I can get through.  The overall look inspired by the drawing to the right.

So here they are;

Under-shift: white linen with ribbon trim

Stays; white linen with some lace maybe

Square neck camicia; white linen with gold lace

Sottana; red silk taffeta trimmed in gold

Dogressa's Coat; for this a picture will surpass a thousand words.....courtesy of my fav silk supplier Puresilks

  My ideas at the moment for accessories are a snow leopard zibi, a silk gaze partlet maybe with a small falling ruff, a gold and pearl girdle belt, pearl drop earrings, a pearl necklace with gold pave spacers, some new silk garters perhaps with tassels, a faux hair piece in a elaborate braided bun, a large feather fan, and if things go well a small hunting hat.

  I rather doubt that I'll get all of the above done.  However its good to aim high yes?

No comments: