Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What of what to do with Pinkie

Venetian doublet gown
 Since I have decided that I CANNOT buy any more fabric other that utility stuff (linen interlining, eyelets, etc....) until I make gowns out of at least 85% of my current stash......I am endeavoring to decide what to to with the fabric from Pinkie (my very first venetian gown). The portrait to the left is what I would 'like' very much to do with the fabric.  However, to get the look right it would require three layers of garments.  Plus it is a much longer waistline than I have been doing of late.  Mainly because my weight keeps fluctuating, and it irritates me to be constantly altering my garments so they fit correctly.









Slightly higher waistline Venetian doublet gown



Option number #2 on the right here; is a slightly looser and higher waistline doublet style gown with a cartridge pleated waistline....Far less trim work would be involved to make this look happen.  I could spend my sewing time playing with the lovely falling ruff shown in the portrait.  An item might i add that isn't effected fit wise by weight loss or gain on my part.

  I would however still need to make a new set of stays that were longer to get the line....not to mention run the risk of a significant rebuild on the gown inside of a year......so not ideal on that end.


Florentine gown





Option three is a high waistline Florentine gown with full loose cartridge pleated sleeves.  Almost exactly what I made for IRCC.....this look is all about accessories.....fur trimmed lower sleeves.....blackworked high neck camicia.....elaborate girdle belt.....and a small net balzo.....all things that are not affected by weight fluctuation.....however that being said.....I'm not stoked about a third very simple gown with the exact same neckline.....but it would not require a new set of stays.....and it would only take me about 20 hours to get the gown finished not including accessories......so something to contemplate......

Thoughts?

No comments: