Wednesday, August 22, 2012

IRCC2 Part 1: The Underpinnings


 The first layers of my IRCC2 entry.  In the first picture on the right. This picture focuses on the silk gaze partlette.
I decided to stick with a sleeveless back laced gown. I cartridge pleated the skirt with a smooth front.  This emulates the venetian gowns and will add fullness to the skirt of my overgown.
 Here is a shot that shows the side back lacing that I hand bound the eyelets.
 I'm wearing a thigh length camica that was pieced together with insertion stitch.
 I'm thinking to also wear this gown with an apron and a tighter sleeve camica for a more casual outfit.  The bottom two pictures really show off how dense cartridge pleating gives the skirt great movement.


2 comments:

Jaquelinne said...

That color is divine on you.

Unknown said...

Lovely gown and work, I particularly like the narrow bodice straps.